BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Tried meditation or spiritual stuff?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Zsababy
United States of America

Tried meditation or spiritual stuff?

Post by Zsababy »

Hi guys,
Has anybody tried meditation to calm the mind? Or anything else like yoga or tai chi? I'm thinking of doing tai chi & meditation and hopefully it will calm down my compulsive, impulsive brain.
Wondering if anyone found it helpful
L-F
United States of America

Re: Tried meditation or spiritual stuff?

Post by L-F »

Yep. Loved it! But have come to the conclusion I don't have stickability. If I did, I'd be a guru by now.
I found having a gratitude journal provided more zen days that meditation. Forced myself to write 5 or so things I was grateful for at the end of each day.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Gratitude -- yes, that's a biggie. Helps a lot
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

No, have been thinking about it for quite some time. There's just not a quiet place for me to do it. Have on occasion used pot brownies (I got edible candies most recently which didn't apparently agree with my system) but superimposes the same effect of calmness. It's nice when it works but I suppose falls under risking becoming dependent on chemicals to use it regularly, but I don't know about that, who knows. I just would prefer not to do that long-term to solve problems so I'd rather find another way to calm myself.

The irony is pot brownies stopped the incessant dreaming of my former coworker but didn't completely erase him from my mind, he was still always in the background more clearly than when I'm running and rushing but I didn't care so I don't know. Will have to find a way to try meditation.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

If you want to follow a really cool down-to-earth zen guy (who isn't afraid of f ' ing up - aka being a human) look up Venerable Tri Dao on insta and Tiktok. He's good! Well, I like him :D
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
LongRoad
Sweden

Post by LongRoad »

I am trying it out (abt 5 weeks in now) and for now, this is the only thing that helps me calm down when I am spiraling in thoughts and going crazy as to why this is all happening (see my story here: https://www.limerence.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7636)

Sometimes it is enough with a couple of minutes, sometimes I do longer sessions ~ 20-30 min. If it will help me get out of limerence and move on long-term I don't know, but it helps me in the moment. The moment I do not think of anything feels like heaven.

I use apps for this: Calm or Insight Timer, there are also guided meditations on YT, spotify...
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I actually did a cord-cutting meditation a couple of weeks or so ago, and that was the one thing that finally helped. I mean you still have to do the work to eliminate the neural loop, like locking an evicted person out but yeah.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother