BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Media Quotes/Videos That Really Exemplify Limerence/Addiction/Dysfunction

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Media Quotes/Videos That Really Exemplify Limerence/Addiction/Dysfunction

Post by JupiterTaco »

“People keep going away from me and it hurts,” Gia in Gia

"He's from Ireland. He's a real nutjob but he's cute...I just don't know if I want to call him," Angie, Angie
"You're pregnant, you're getting married, you're carrying around some foreigner's number in your pocket like it's gonna burn too big a hole to be left anywhere else, yeah I think you wanna call him! You know you are gonna end up on Oprah!" Tina

"They haven't gotten enough love! They haven't gotten enough attention!" TV host, Welcome To The Dollhouse

"You are the most beautiful woman that I've ever seen! Come with me!" Gia in Gia

If you wanna stop me baby don't even try I'm going one way, your way, it's such a strong way, let's make it our way, now baby, I can't stop this thing we started, we've gotta know it's right, I can't stop this course we've plotted, yeah-Bryan Adams, Can't Stop This Thing We Started

“She saw them touching hands, and she knew everything,” Alice, The L Word
“How could she tell just by seeing them touch hands?” Dana
“Women can do that,” Shane
“Yeah, especially dykes,” Alice
“I just don’t understand how you can do that! You don’t step out on a woman like Tina for somebody who...hammers planks for a living!” Tonya
“What are you saying, Tonya, would it be okay if she had a better job?” Alice

“When will I see you again?” Beatrix, Kill Bill
“That is the title of my favorite 70s song,” Bill

“She broke into my house, she stole some money and jewelry, and then took off in the car like a crazy person! She took my wedding ring! You know that old joke, how can you tell when a junkie is lying? Her lips are moving? It’s not funny,” Kathleen, Gia

“It’s your family,” Bird, Soul Food
“OH FUCK THE FAMILY! YOU KNOW WHAT, I LET THE FAMILY INTO MY HOUSE AND THE FAMILY FUCKED MY HUSBAND! YEAH THAT’S RIGHT, FAITH FUCKED MY HUSBAND!” Teri

“Do you know what an extraordinary gift that would be? I mean it’s changing the whole DNA system. It’s reflecting the way we live and love and make relationships…” Francesca, The L Word
“I’d like to see that reflected somewhere,” Marina

“You can have easy and cheap...but you’ll probably be bumping up against that carpenter for the better part of a year…” Candace looking intently at Bette, The L Word

“You weren’t so worried when you were fucking my brains out! Weren’t worried about my poor little wife then!” Kenneth, Waiting To Exhale
“You’re right, Kenneth, you’re absolutely right! I couldn’t see past what I wanted, so that made me an asshole. But the difference between you and me, is I’m not anymore!” Savannah

“Where were you?” Joe, Gia
“Out,” Kathleen as young Gia and siblings watch
“OUT? OUT? OUT WHERE?” Joe
“Joe, lower your voice,” Kathleen
“DON’T TELL ME TO LOWER MY VOICE, THE KIDS KNOW, YOU HAVEN’T BEEN HOME ALL DAY!”
“Oh cut it out,” Kathleen
“Don’t tell me to cut it out, tell me where you were,” Joe
“I’m not in the mood for this tonight, Joe,” Kathleen
“Tell me where you were,” Joe
“Leave me alone, just leave me alone,” Kathleen
“Who were you with Kathleen?” Joe
“It’s none of your business who I was with,” Kathleen
“Don’t tell me it’s none of my business, you fucking whore, why don’t you tell me who you were with, huh? TELL ME! WHERE’D HE TOUCH YOU, HERE? WHO ELSE HAS BEEN IN THERE BESIDES ME, HUH, KATHLEEN?” Joe
“You know how you make me feel? You make me want to die!” Kathleen
“NO, YOU DON’T DIE, YOU DON’T DIE ‘TILL I TELL YOU YOU CAN DIE, THAT’S WHEN YOU DIE!” Joe

“I see Bette as strong? Has it sunk in for you yet?” woman, The L Word
“Has what sunk in for me yet?” Bette
“The loss,” woman
“I’m doing fine,” Bette
“But have you cried yet?” man
“I don’t need to cry,” Bette

“You should stop in sometime. Now when you’re grieving and you’re in pain, now’s the time to strike, when the iron’s hot and help somebody else who can’t tell you what despair is because it’s all they’ve ever known,” Hector, The L Word

“Well then why can’t they work it out?” Dana, The L Word
“Because it’s a sex thing and Bette can’t control it,” Shane
“Well if it’s just a sex thing then you can get it under control, right?” Dana
“Women can, men sometimes can’t because they’re controlled by their peckers,” Tonya
“There is no difference between men and women, and this is a perfect example or Bette would’ve called it off,” Alice
“Bette is still schtuping the carpenter??” Tonya
“I feel so awful for Tina,” Dana
“Guys…” Shane
“Well, Bette better get that pecker under control!” Tonya

“I ain’t got no boyfriend,” Khaila, Losing Isaiah
“Eddie Hues?” Mr. Lewis
“Oh, so you spying on me now?” Khaila
“It’s part of my job. They’re gonna try and make you look like the devil in court. There can’t be anything you do to help ‘em. He’s married,” Mr. Lewis
“He ain’t married,” Khaila
“You asked him?” Mr. Lewis
“You jealous?” Khaila
“Don’t flatter yourself. This goes way beyond you. Black babies belong with black mothers! I’m not gonna let you do anything to mess that up. You break it off with this guy, or I drop the case...this is your first place, isn’t it?” Mr. Lewis.
“Yeah,” Khaila
“Welcome home,” Mr. Lewis

“I’m a murdering bastard. You know that. There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard. You experienced some of them,” Bill, Kill Bill

"She's very pretty Scott. But she has a boyfriend! A very large boyfriend!" Boof, Teen Wolf

“Look, I didn’t pressure you into this. You said that you want to keep seeing me,” Gene, The L Word
“I do,” Jenny
“Well we don’t have sex. Okay? That’s it, I want to have sex with the woman I cook for, make mixed-tapes for...why don’t you just admit that you’re a full-on, girl-loving lesbian?” Gene
“I don’t think that’s for you to decide,” Jenny
“Well deal with it!...Good luck...” Gene

"Do you know why I help you?” Esteban, Kill Bill
“No,” Beatrix
“Bill would want me to,” Esteban
"Now that I don't believe," Beatrix
"Ah...but how was he ever going to see you again?" Esteban

“What’s with your friend, Darien?” Amy, The Crush
“What do you mean, I thought you were getting along?” Nick
“Yeah I know, but she gives me the creeps,” Amy
“She’s just a kid,” Nick
“She’s got a crush on you,” Amy
“Don’t be silly,” Nick hitting answering machine
“Hi, it’s me, just thinking of you. Oh gosh that sounds corny. Anyway say hi to Amy, bye!” Darien
“Look, Nick, I’ve been there, you have to be the adult, you can’t blow the line,” Amy
“What are you saying, you think I did something to provoke this?” Nick
“Well, did you?” Amy
“Of course not,” Nick

“Hi. Can we talk for a sec?” Nick, The Crush
“What do you want to talk about?” Darien
“Well it’s a little awkward. Would you stop doing that?” Nick
“Why?” Darien
“Never mind. I hardly know where to begin. I guess what I want to say is, I really like you Darien,” Nick
“I really like you too!” Darien
“I mean as a friend. I mean, let’s face it, you’re fourteen, I’m twenty-eight, that’s a big difference,” Nick
“Whatever you say,” Darien
“No, really. I just want you to know, you can always count on me, I’ll always be your friend, no matter what, okay? Okay,” Nick
“Like that night up at the lighthouse when we kissed?” Darien
“No, Darien, that was a mistake,” Nick
“Was sneaking in to watch me undress a mistake too?” Darien. Nick turns away dejected.
“Nick,” Darien
“What?” Nick
“Ever do a virgin?” Darien
“Now, look, let’s avoid any confusion here! I’m going to make this really simple for you. You’re too young for me! There’s nothing between us, nothing!” Nick

“You gave up your autonomy to be in a relationship that the law doesn’t recognize, and your ex controls everything,” Joyce, The L Word

“If you can’t acknowledge my relationship of eight years, if you can't see that I have failed the woman I love, probably in the same way you failed my mother, then I really have nothing left to say to you!” Bette to Melvin, The L Word

“I don’t see it that way. I mean, we’re full of desire! Why would we want to hide that, when we’re swimming in it? When it’s so...fucking...excruciating…” Helena, The L Word

“So you want to tell me something?” Eddie, Losing Isaiah
“Uh-uh. Maybe you ought to tell me something,” Khaila
“Okay. What do you want to know?” Eddie
“Maybe about...your wife?” Khaila
“Okay. We’re separated. Right, we don’t even talk,” Eddie
“Oh, you on vacation from that too?” Khaila
“Khaila, it’s a whole big mess and I didn’t want to get in nothing,” Eddie
“But you’re still married,” Khaila
“It don’t mean nothing,” Eddie
“Oh, it don’t? Don’t mean nothing! Don’t mean nothing at all, huh?” Khaila
“I’m not trying to run a game on you, Khaila,” Eddie
“Somebody is always trying to run a game on me! You ain’t no different! Walking around here carrying groceries, singin’ little silly songs and shit! You ain’t nothing! You’re just like every other sorry-ass man I ever knew, full of shit! Stay the hell away from me and stay away from them kids!” Khaila

“Do you love your wife, Mr. Lewin?” Mr. Lewis, Losing Isaiah
“Oh yes, very much,” Charles
“How long have you been married?” Mr. Lewis
“Fifteen years,” Charles
“And you love your daughter,” Mr. Lewis
“Of course,” Charles
“So this is a nice stable environment to bring Isaiah into, wouldn’t you say?” Mr. Lewis
“Yes, I would say...yes,” Charles
“Well who’s Suzannah Polaski, Mr. Lewin?” Mr. Lewis
“She’s an architect who works in my office,” Charles
“Are you having an affair with Suzanna Polaski, Mr. Lewin?” Mr. Lewis
“No,” Charles
“No? Be careful, Mr. Lewin, you’re under oath,” Mr. Lewis
“I am not having an affair,” Mr. Lewin
“Have you ever had an affair with Suzanna Polaski, yes or no?” Mr. Lewis
“Yes...I spent one...evening with her…” Charles

I’ll save your kisses for a rainy day, baby let the moment take your heart away! Have you ever needed someone so bad, yeah, have you ever needed someone, you just couldn’t have, did you ever try so hard, that your world just fall apart, have you ever needed someone so bad, she’s the girl I gotta have, I gotta have you baby-Def Leppard, Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad

“You seemed to really like that Degas painting,” Noel, Angie
“Yeah well it seems like a lot of marriages I’ve seen,” Angie

There’s a flame in my heart, and there’s no way you can put it out, so just hold me, hold me, hooooold me, take away the pain, inside my soul, when I’m afraid, so all alone, take away the paaaaaiiin, it’s burning in my soul, ‘cause I’m afraaaaaiiiid, that I’ll be all alone-Hold On To My Heart-W.A.S.P

“You obviously don’t know,” Robin
“Know what?” Jenny
“Marina tried to kill herself,” Robin
Jen, I feel like maybe I shouldn’t say this but...when I got to the hospital, she was calling your name,” Robin

I can hear your heart, crying out for me-Mario, Crying Out For Me

I, Jennifer Diane Schecter, am not exactly sure of who I am. There are many pieces of me, pieces that come out of me like phantoms that slink off to commit acts for which I may or may not be responsible, Jenny, writing, The L Word

“When your mother sees you in this dress, she’s gonna be so thrilled,” Frank, Angie
“This is Kathy’s dress,” Angie
“Yeah, she’s your mother,” Frank
“No she’s not, no offense, Pop,” Angie
“She raised you since you were seven, Angie!” Vinnie
“You stay out of this,” Angie
“What is your problem?” Franklin
“I ain’t wearing her dress!” Angie
“HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET SO GODDAM HIGH AND MIGHTY! THAT WOMAN SAVED MY LIFE WHEN I WAS MARRIED TO YOUR MOTHER!”
“WAIT A MINUTE, YOU WERE SEEING KATHY WHILE YOU WERE STILL MARRIED TO MY MOTHER???” Angie
“You know what, forget about it,” Frank

"Look, Chris...I know you say you feel really intensely, but do you ever stop and think about where it comes from?" Sarah, The Craft
"No...I can't think, I just feel. It's kind of weird how it happened, I just woke up one day and couldn't wait to see you. It's like that every day, and now that I have you, I'm not letting go," Chris
"Chris, let's just stop and think about what you're saying okay, you don't even know me," Sarah

"I've never met anyone like you. I've met teamsters like you," Noel, Angie
“Oh yeah. Teamster ever do this?” Angie, kissing him
“Yeah, but then I told them I was married and that was the end of it,” Noel. Kissing again
“Should I come back at one?” Angie

“We have to talk,” Alice, The L Word
“What’s wrong, it’s four a.m.?” Dana
“You can’t marry Tonya,” Alice
“Baby, is everything okay?” Tonya
“Everything’s fine!” Dana

“Pai Mei taught you the five-point palm exploding heart technique?” Bill, Kill Bill
“Of course he did,” Beatrix
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Bill
“I don’t know. I guess I’m just a really bad person,” Beatrix
“You’re not a bad person. You’re a really good person. You’re my favorite person. But every now and then you can be a real cunt,” Bill

“Pop, I know you don’t wanna talk about it, but why’d you have an affair on my mother?” Angie in Angie
“Ah, Angie, why you gotta start, huh?” Frank
“No really. Did you love her?” Angie
“Of course I loved her. But you can’t begin to understand what it was like being married to your mother. Seeing her out there, barefoot, dancing in the snow, her lips all blue,” Frank
“So she danced in the snow. Maybe she liked it, maybe she...just loved life more than you!” Angie
“Angie, I can’t talk about this, it’s done...it’s over,” Franklin
“Pop,” Angie
“No, some things just end, Angela,” Frank

How every time someone has a sexual experience, their old sexual experiences are evoked, linking them to an infinite network of human connections, Jenny writing, The L Word

“Don’t go,” little girl in Jenny’s book; father has Tim’s face

“Who knows, maybe some other sucker can move in here with his sexually-confused girlfriend and you can introduce her to one of your predatory friends, and she can seduce her and his whole life can fall apart,” Tim, The L Word
“She tried to kill herself, you know,” Bette
“Marina?” Tim
“Yeah, she drove her car off the PH expressway or something...I mean I understand if you don’t have any sympathy, you know?” Bette
“It’s okay. You just, you never really expect your life to throw you so totally off-plan. You know what I mean?” Tim
“Yeah. I think I do,” Bette

I was crying when I met you, now I’m trying to forget you, do what you do, and leave me, I was cryin’ just to get you, now I’m dyin’ ‘cause I let ya, do what you do, and leave me-Cryin’, Aerosmith

“I know you probably don’t want to see me right now, and I’ve stayed away because I wanted to be sure that I can do what you ask of me, so I ended it. I’m never going to talk to her again, I’m never going to think about her again. It’s totally and completely over,” Bette, The L Word
“When did you end it?” Tina
This morning, I told her that you’re the love of my life and that I must’ve gone temporarily insane,” Bette
“Did you tell her in person, or on the phone?” Tina
“Why does that matter?” Bette
“Because I went by the house this morning at 2 a.m. and your car wasn’t there. DID YOU FUCK ALL NIGHT BEFORE YOU TOLD HER I WAS THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE THIS MORNING?” Tina

“I just don’t like this thing with Noel, I mean how do you know what kind of father he’s gonna be?” Tina, Angie
“He’s my vacation from all that,” Angie
“I tell you, when I was pregnant, Jerry couldn’t shut up about was how he was gonna take the baby
“Well I guess they can’t all be Jerry, huh?” Angie

I’m not always there when you call, but I’m always on time, I gave you my all, so baby be mine-Always On Time by Ja Rule/Ashanti

“Has she told you you she’s a dyke?” Tim, The L Word
“Well...um you told me you fell in love with that woman, and that you’re seeing that other woman, but no you didn’t tell me you were a dyke…” Gene

“Take me somewhere,” Bette, The L Word

“Don’t. You don’t want this showing up on your credit card,” Candace

Hush, hush, I thoght I heard her calling my name now, hush, hush, she broke my heart but I love her just the same-Hush by Deep Purple

“If you ever come near my wife or daughter again, there’s not one street in this city you’ll be able to walk down without fearing for your life!” Steve, The L Word

“You heard him. He’ll kill you,” Cherie, The L Word
“You know, all my life, people said that I would become a psychopath if I didn’t learn how to feel! Well, I want to know, what’s so great about feeling? Because I finally felt something, and now it feels like my heart’s been completely ripped out! I had this crazy idea that you and I could be together,” Shane
“It was a delusion,” Cherie
“Well then I’m delusional,” Shane
“What if we could be together, what if being with you made me feel more alive than I have in the last twenty years of my life, what if that were true? Do you think I’d give up my home, my daughter, my black-tie galas, my houses in Bel-Air and east Hampton, my trips to Paris...my black tie galas...to go live in some rank little love nest with a twenty-five year old assistant hair-dresser, who barely has her foot in the door. In this ugly world, love like that doesn’t exist,” Cherie

“So that’s your life? Ever since you fell in love with that woman, and your marriage fell apart and she dropped you like a hot potato?” Gene, The L Word
“Yeah. You’re the first guy since Tim!” Jenny
“Maybe you don’t like guys,” Gene
“No, I still like guys. I do,” Jenny

“Would it be wrong if I told you all I wanted all day long is to kiss you?” Candace, The L Word
“Yes,” Bette

Will you meet me halfway, will you meet me halfway, will you meet me halfway, will you meet me halfway, will you meet me halfwaaaaaay-Meet Me Halfway by Black Eyed Peas

“I’m really sorry. I mean, I guess I just thought that I had to be there for you, that I had to absorb your feelings while hiding my own,” Bette, The L Word
“Well I sure hope you had fun letting off some steam with the carpenter,” Tina
“That’s not fair,” Bette
“Nothing’s fair, Bette. You broke everything that meant anything to me!” Tina

Bad girl, shame on you, bad girl, stealing my guy, bad girl, you catch the eye. Bad girl, shame on you, bad girl, Latoya Jackson, Bad Girl

“So I go over to her house like a fucking idiot, and I’m standing there with her and her real girlfriend, who by the way I know absolutely nothing about. And they’re watching me, you know like I’m this sort of amusement, like this little play thing, and meanwhile back at the ranch, my boy, no I’m sorry, my husband…my...my life... my life is completely ruined, you know, she managed to fucking destroy my relationship while leaving hers completely intact,” Jenny, The L Word
“Wait, so this is the first woman you were ever with?” woman
“Oh my gawd! This is my coming out story!” Jenny
“Tell it!” voices
“Ladies, I’m telling all of you my coming out story!” Jenny
“Tell it! Tell it, tell it, tell it, tell it!” voices
“Okay, okay! I go to a party at my neighbors, Bette and Tina’s house,” Jenny
“Bette and Tina!” voices
“Okay, I’m at the party, and there she is. I see Marina! She was possibly the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen. Later on that night, she followed me into the bathroom. And then she does it. The thing she does, am I crazy, am I drunk, am I hallucinating? And I was thinking, am I crazy, am I drunk, am I hallucinating? And then she does it. The thing, that would go on to confuse me and fuck with all things stable in my life, and then I’m walking out the door and I’m thinking, oh my gawd, I have just had the best...fucking...sex in my whole fucking life man. Nonono, you guys, I’m serious, this is probably the best sex that anybody can have on the whole planet earth. And then she does this thing, no come here, I’m gonna show you, okay...Jenny...I hope this doesn’t make it worse, but I think I could fall in love with you,” Jenny, imitated Marina’s accent
“That’s fucked!” a woman
“Fuck her! Notice it’s not, I am falling in love with you, it’s, I think I’m falling in love with you!” random woman, The L Word
“No, she said I think I could fall in love with you!” Jenny
“That’s even worse! You don’t hear the I think I could part because you’re not supposed to,” woman
“It’s a trick! It’s a fucking loophole! She wrecked my fucking life with supposition!” Jenny

Why must I be a teenager in love-Teenager In Love-Dion And The Belmonts

When I saw you, when I saw you, I fell so deep I could not breathe-When I Saw You by Mariah Carey
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
NickMarone
Canada

Re: Media Quotes That Really Exemplify Limerence/Addiction/Dysfunction

Post by NickMarone »

“There are several quintessential moments in a man's life: losing his virginity, getting married, becoming a father, and having the right girl smile at you.”--Kirby Keger (St.Elmo's Fire)

Another SEF:
Kevin Dolenz: "Quick. What's the meaning of life"?
Kirby Keger: "Dale Bieberman".

Actually, SEF has two of the most vivid portrayals of limerence that I've seen. One is Emelio Estevez' (Kirby Keger) obsessions with Andie McDowell's character (Dale Bieberman) after just one broken date two years before plus a nano second chance meeting in a hospital. That's all it took for Kirby to fall head over heels in love.

The other is Kevin's (Andrew McCarthy) years long hidden limerence for his best friend's (Judd Nelson) live-in girlfriend Leslie (Ally Sheedy).

Kevin Dolenz: "Well, you're all I think about."
Leslie Hunter: "Me"?
Kevin Dolenz: "And I think the reason I'm not interested in other women, and why I haven't had sex in so long, is because I'm desperately, completely in love with you.”

Very classic limerence going on. You can kind of tell I'm a child of the 80's,

Nick
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I think it's my own damn fault.
BabyKhloee

Post by BabyKhloee »

There is this song by Natalie Imbruglia „Torn” that could somehow describe the feeling when limerence starts to fade away and you’re starting to think more rationally about the situation

„I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn
You're a little late
I'm already torn”
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I think this one defines limerances perfectly, it's kind of the Mother of them All: "Just My Imagination" by the Temptations, especially the part where he sings "but in reality, she doesn't even know me". Ouch!

Each day through my window I watch her as she passes by
I say to myself, "You're such a lucky guy"
To have a girl like her is truly a dream come true
Out of all the fellows in the world, she belongs to you

But it was just my imagination
Runnin' away with me
It was just my imagination
Runnin' away with me

Ooh (Soon)
Soon we'll be married and raise a family (Oh yeah)
A cozy little home out in the country
With two children, maybe three
I tell you I (I, I) can visualize it all
This couldn't be a dream, for too real it all seems

But it was just my imagination, once again
Runnin' away with me
Tell you, it was just my imagination
Runnin' away with me

Ev'ry night on my knees I pray
"Dear Lord, hear my plea
Don't ever let another take her love from me"
Or I will surely die, hmm
(Her love is) heavenly
When her arms enfold me
I hear a tender rhapsody
But in reality
She doesn't even know me

(Just my imagination) Once again
Runnin' away with me, oh
Tell you it was just my imagination
Runnin' away with me

I've never met her but I can't forget her
(Just my imagination) Ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Runnin' away with me, ooh
Just my imagination
Runnin' away with me

She's never hard to find (Just my imagination)
She's always on my mind (Runnin' away with me)
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

“Look, I’m just scared, okay? Promise me we’re not gonna turn out like Tina and Jerry, okay? Tell me we’re special,” Angie in Angie
“Yeah, we’re special, baby. You’ll make us special. But enough’s enough, you can be special and normal too, right?” Vinnie

“I know that Bette and I must have some problems because otherwise what would we be doing in this group? But we’re pretty comfortable with the lesbian parent thing. I guess our biggest fear would be whether or not Bette’s father will accept our child as his grandchild. Yeah, that’s it, that Bette’s father won’t consider our child to be his grandchild,” Tina, The L Word
“Okay, next up…” Dave
“My greatest fear is that I won’t be a...good enough...provider,” Bette
“Very good, Bette. It takes time to build trust in the group. Eventually it’ll be easier to say what you mean to say,” Dave

"What's with the briefcase?" Harry, Dumb And Dumber
"Love momento. The most beautiful woman alive. I drove her to the airport. Sparks flew, motions ran high. She actually talked to me man," Lloyd
"Get out of here!" Harry
"Oh yeah, yeah. Tractor beam. Vrrrrrr...sucked me right in. Anyway she left this in the terminal and flew to Aspen and out of my life," Lloyd
"What's in it?" Harry
"Man, I'd have to be a real lowlife to go rooting around someone else's private property," Lloyd
"Is it locked?" Harry
"Yeah. Real well," Lloyd

“We all have feelings for our girlfriends, Dana. It doesn’t mean we should act on them,” Sharon, The L Word

I'd risk everything, for one kiss, everything, yes I'd do anything (anything) anything for you-Jay Z, Anything

"You ever notice how every time Shane enters a room, someone leaves crying?" Bette, The L Word

Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you-The Police, Every Breath You Take

“Jenny’s a writer, I mean, writers crave experience. What if that’s all it was with Marina,” Bette, The L Word

“I feel more passive when I…Tina?” Dave, The L Word
“Let...Bette make all the financial decisions...even though we decided that…”
“That’s alright, Tina, a simple declarative statement, no need to elaborate at this stage,” Dave

“Don’t you wish there was a parallel universe?” Marina
“Parallel universe?” Jenny
“Yeah, where we could live out this fantasy,” Marina
“I’m not trying to move in with you, it would just be for a couple of days, until I find a place,” Jenny
“I’d feel very honored,” Marina
“Yeah?” Jenny
“Yeah, except Francesca’s coming back tomorrow,” Marina
“Francesca? Who’s Francesca?” Jenny
“You know, Francesca. Everybody knows,” Marina
“No, I don’t know,” Jenny

“Jenny, you have to understand the difference between you and I, and Francesca and I, it’s so different,” Marina
“Is this her?” Jenny
“Yeah. She travels for six months out of the year. She was doing a ballet in Rome, and then she was in Budapest,” Marina
“What’s her last name,” Jenny
“Wolff, with two ffs,” Marina
“Who are you???” Jenny
“Someone who cares about you very much. I’ve opened up your world. You’ll find that your life is richer, more interesting,” Marina
“Fuck you…” Jenny

“So what does he do?” Annette, The L Word
“Owns a cafe,” Jenny
“That’s cool. Is he smart, is he funny?” Annette
“I don’t know,” Jenny
“Is he hot?” Annette
“Marina is definitely hot,” Jenny
“Marina! Oh my gawd, oh wow! Dude that is the one thing I’ve never done!” Annette

“Jenny, were you always a lesbian?” Annette
“I’m not a lesbian,” Jenny
“So what, this came up and just bit you in the ass?” Annette
“I think I might be bisexual,” Jenny
“Oh puhleeze,” Annette
“No, really,” Jenny
“Jenny, is this just your way of trying to tell me you had a huge crush on me in college?” Annette
“Annette…? Nooo!” Jenny
“You’re lying, you know you had the hots for me,” Annette

“No, I didn’t do this for the experience,” Jenny, The L Word
“Jenny...oh my gawd. She broke your heart!” Annette

"If it's a wedding present for him, then I'd keep it between you two, but you're much more complex than that. You do your best work when you lay bare all of your remarkable emotions," Nick to Jenny, The L Word

"So he says do you love me and she says no, but that's a real nice ski mask!" Lloyd fantasizing about impressing Mary and friends, Dumb And Dumber

“Well all I know is, I got to get a look at this Marina chick, figure out if she’s worth it,” Annette
“No,” Jenny
“Yes,” Annette
“No,” Jenny
“Come on, you gotta fight for what you want, if you fight, you gotta come out guns blazing,” Annette
“But her girlfriend’s back in town,” Jenny
“Her girlfriend?” Annette
“She told me she had a girlfriend after Tim dumped me,” Jenny
“Wow, does this story just keep getting better?” Annette

"Oh come on, I saw it cross your mind, old times, sneaking up to the cabin with Jennifer!" Jamie to Matt, Indian Summer

“Look at them, they’re in love,” Jenny feferencing Marina and Francesca, The L Word
“Noooo,” Annette
“No, look at ‘em man, there’s love in their eyes. She’s so sophisticated and look at me,” Jenny
“But here’s what I see. Francesca is buying Marina’s affections. You’re way younger, you’re way hotter. I mean why do you think Marina came looking for you in the first place? If we get you all dressed up and take you to Twat…” Annette
“No,” Jenny
“Yes!” Annette
“No more twat, twat gets me into trouble!” Jenny
“Twat The Night...you idiot! We get you all dolled up, we go there, we let Marina see you having fun, and at the very least, you and I get loaded and Marina thinks you got a hot new girlfriend, but if I know what I think I know, old Frannie will get her walking papers by the end of the night,” Annette

"It never ceases to amaze me that people like Costas who have lost so much can still be open to love while I who have lost nothing, am not," Lena, Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants

“Then she proceeded to seduce her, which wasn’t altogether honorable,” Marina, The L Word
“Honorable isn’t the first word I would use to describe Marina,” Jenny, The L Word
“You sound angry,” Francesca
“No,” Jenny

“A lot of these single women see the workplace as their hunting ground. I think she’s got you in her crosshairs!” Ben, Obsessed

“I don’t know why you’d work so hard to make someone fall in love with you when you obviously don’t give a fuck,” Jenny, The L Word
“I’ve been trying to tell you, but obviously you’re not paying attention. What’s terrible is that you have no idea how much you mean to me…” Marina and Jenny kiss
“I thought it was a little quiet in here. You see the thing about Marina is that when she focuses on you, you feel like the only person that exists. It’s her gift. But maybe you give your gift a little too freely. So tell me about your book, Jenny? Marina says it’s quite good. Something about a demon?” Francesca
“So this is what the two of you do; you make these little conquests and compare notes and make each other jealous,” Jenny, The L Word
“I wouldn’t act so high and mighty, you’re not exactly an innocent bystander,” Francesca

“You’re gonna borrow my car, and give her the test,” Sonny, A Bronx Tale
“What, the Mario test?” C
“Mario’s a fucking loser, why do you listen to this guy? You pick her up in my car. You walk her to the car, you open the door, you close the door for her. And then you see if she unlocks the other door for you. If she doesn’t, she’s a selfish broad, and you dump her,” Sonny
“Dump her? But what about all the nice things you just said, she could be one of the great ones?” C
“Bullshit kid! If she doesn’t lean over and lift up that other lock for you, then she’s a selfish broad and you’re only seeing the tip of the iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast!” Sonny

“I’m sorry the night turned out like this. But there’s something you need to know. When I’m gone, Marina can do as she wishes, as can I. But when I return, I would like my house just the way I left it. I hope that’s not too much to ask,” Francesca, The L Word

"I'm not here to look after y'all," June, Walk The Line
"You're not?" Johnny
"No. You got somebody to do that for you, John. You got a wife somewhere, you remember that?" June
"Well what if I didn't?" Johnny
"There's too many ifs in that sentence," June
"There's only one! There's only one if in that sentence, June! Well I thought it was a good point. There is only one," Johnny

“I didn’t tell you to book a house. Did you book a house?” Francesca, The L Word
“I just wanted to spend some time together, you’ve been here three months of the year,” Marina
“Come be with me now,” Francesca “Do you want someone to rescue you?”
“Maybe,” Marina
“I already rescued you. Do you have any idea how much money we owe?” Francesca
“A lot,” Marina
“Yeah. Look, I want you to have your pretty lifestyle just as much as you do. But then I have to go to work, don’t I? So I’m going to do a movie. And you can resume your little thing with Jenny. I know you don’t want me. You want Jenny,” Francesca, The L Word
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Thanks for all the input folks! This could really be my own SLAA meeting... =))
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

“Tim we don’t have to do this...please…” Jenny, The L Word
“Jenny has something to say to you,” Tim
“What happened between us was a mistake. It’s not going to happen again. I will never see you again, do you understand?” Jenny
“Did you hear her? Look at me!” Tim
“Yes,” Marina
“You’re really proud of yourself, aren’t you? You know? Tell me something! How long was it all going on?” Tim
“You saw it all. The beginning, the middle, the end,” Marina

"I heard you got married," Johnny, Walk The Line
"I did," June
"Congratulations, June," Vivian
"Thank you, Vivian," June
"So you think this one will stick? What is this, your second marriage?" Johnny
"John!" Vivian
"Excuse me," June
"John, don't do this to me! John!" Vivian
"So what's going on? Where's your truck driver?" Johnny
"You'll be happy to know things aren't really working out between us," June
"It doesn't make me happy! Well a little it does," Johnny

“Tell me something, Marina. Did you not recognize that your actions were not altogether honorable?” Tim, The L Word
“What are you talking about?” Marina
“When you were sitting at my table pretending to be my friend when all you were trying to do was get into her pants! Answer me!” Tim, grabbing Marina
“What are you trying to prove?” Marina

"All this time, were you just using me to get to Daria?" Jane, Daria

“Why don’t you tell me your secret, huh? What is it you girls do. Does it count?” Tim
“You were there. You saw how it counts,” Marina

"I mean the way you're always accidentally running into Tom," Jane, Daria
"What are you talking about?" Daria
"I know you don't mean anything by it so don't worry about it," Jane
"You're accusing me of having designs on your boyfriend and you're telling me don't worry about it?" Daria

“We saw it at the party, that’s why Tina and I left, we didn’t want to be a part of it...oh my gosh, I’m so sorry…” Bette, The L Word
“How long was it all going on? Why won’t anyone tell me?” Tim
“I think you should ask Jenny that,” Bette
“EVERYBODY ELSE KNEW, I WAS THE ONLY IDIOT WHO DIDN’T KNOW!” Tim
“I have no way of knowing that, Tim. No longer than a month. I just...I wanted to say something but I didn’t know you very well, and sometimes...people kill the messenger,” Bette

"Or that you somehow are screwing my ex!" Archer, Archer
"Keep your voice down," Cyril
"Oh please! You all know about Cyril and Lana right? 'Cause if Pam knows, then everybody knows, because of Pam's huge mouth!" Archer
"Archer..."
"AND TO YOU, CYRIL, GOOD DAY SIR!" Archer
"Wait, what about your...account? Oh I get it. Classic misdirection!" Cyril

“I got married in Tahoe,” Tim, The L Word
“Where’s your wife?” cop
“In the hotel room…I left her there...I caught her cheating on me yesterday,” Tim
“But you married her. What’s going through your head, son?” cop
“I don’t know,” Tim
“Don’t tell me you’re going back to kill the guy,” cop
“It was a woman,” Tim. Long silence.
“You ever watch porn? You don’t have to answer that, we all do. You know that scene when two women are getting it on...and the guy comes in, he’s all hard up and ready to go, he’s gonna fuck ‘em good! Look closer next time. You see how their eyes glaze over? There’s your sign. They don’t want that. They were having fun before he got there, they were up in there, licking everything, they don’t need him. When you got two people, both have the same equipment, they both know how to use it, how can any person of the opposite sex ever compete with that? That’s why this nation’s homosexuals are so dangerous,” cop

"So you stepping out on me? With my own brother?" Geronimo, Ride
"Uh-uh, uh-uh, come over here. First of all, do not raise your voice at me, second, I'm not with either one of you, and third, where have you been, Geronimo, we've been looking all over for you!" Lita

“I thought you never wanted to see me again,” Marina, The L Word
“We were together for four years. I...I had to try to make it work,” Jenny
“He really loves you. He came to show me,” Marina
“Tim did that to you?” Jenny
“Don’t worry, I won’t press charges,” Marina
“Am I just a coward….a liar...a cheater?” Jenny

Santa can you hear me, I have been so good this year, and all I want is one thing, tell me my true love is near, he's all I want, just for me, underneath my Christmas tree, I'll be waiting here, Santa that's my only wish this year-Britney Spears, My Only Wish
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Media Quotes/Videos That Really Exemplify Limerence/Addiction/Dysfunction

Post by JupiterTaco »

Cleaning Out Cheating Closet Scene, Waiting To Exhale

My Body Needs This, Waiting To Exhale

Messed Up The Family, Soul Food

I'm Supposed To Be Happy, Soul Food

Oil And Vinegar, Soul Food

Faith/Miles in Studio, Soul Food

Teri pulls knife on Miles, Soul Food

Bird/Lem fight, Soul Food
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Laurie "wants" Kelso

Kelso cheats with Laurie

Laurie dating professor

Laurie blackmails Kelso
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

"I was fighting back," Dawn, Welcome To The Dollhouse
"Who ever told you to fight back?!" Marj

Baby I just melt away, fall like rain, every time I see your face I just go off, I just want to break it down, anytime you come around, maybe I could melt into your arms-Mariah Carey, Melt Away

“You got time for lunch?” Eddie, Losing Isaiah
“No,” Khaila
“What about dinner. Why won’t you just answer me?” Eddie
“Will you leave me alone? I can’t give them nothing to use against me or I lose my boy!” Khaila
“I don’t wanna do nothing to hurt your chances. Why didn’t you read my letters?”
“Because I didn’t open them. I cannot talk to you!” Khaila
“I want you to know something! I filed for a divorce! And I’m coming back when I get it! Okay, I just wanted to say that…” Eddie
“You said it,” Khaila

"Why do you think she'd pick you?" Detective Sheridan, Obsessed
"I don't know...maybe she took...something I said the wrong way," Derek

“I’m not like you, Gloria, I need somebody to hold me. Even if it is a damn lie,” Bernadette, Waiting To Exhale

"Okay, how's this? Back in college? I slept with my best friend's boyfriend," Susie, Smoke Signals
"That's bad. I'll bet you broke some hearts that day, ain't it?" Arnold
"At least three," Susie
"Just like me. I broke three hearts too," Arnold

“Of course I’m still mad at him, how am I gonna forgive him after what he did?” Jenny, Kids
“Well what did he do?” girl
“He stole her virginity. He took it away and now it’s gone, forever!” Ruby
“Awww,” voices
“No, it’s not even the fact that he devirginized me, it’s the fact that after he was done he never spoke to me again, like he talked all this bullshit, and then he just broke out! Oh Jenny I love you so much, you know, I promise, you know, I’m not gonna use you!” Jenny
“Same lines, same lines!” girl
“Yeah, but the first time is always whack. Just be glad you didn’t lose your virginity in the backseat of a rental car!” girl
“Oh-ho-ho!” other girl
“That shit is nothing, I had just turned fourteen and this fucking asshole was like eighteen years old, I can’t even remember his fucking name anymore! You know how you go to like sleepaway camp with your friends and shit? We were getting it on in the bushes like around midnight, I got fucking mosquito bites all over my ass!” Ruby