BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Limerence is a thief of joy

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Yesnomaybeso
Australia

Limerence is a thief of joy

Post by Yesnomaybeso »

Idk how many rounds of limerence I've gone through in my life but at this point I'd say around 6 with varying degrees. My most recent was brought on simply by going on a date with someone. But it's not the worst one I've ever had and I know this will pass relatively quickly. I've learnt a lot throughout the last few years. Yet I'm still not actively trying to prevent this from happening. I've been watching a lot of crappy childhood fairy videos. I remember she said something about casual dating being a luxury for the un
traumatised and I'm starting to understand why. Everytime I go on a date it's always a risks that I might obsess and lose any joy I may have had prior. I don't think I can do this to myself anymore. I just worry that if I stop trying to date then I'll definitely never find love. Yet this isn't working for me either. It's a horrible feeling not enjoying being alive and I've experienced that from limerence so many times. I think it's truly time for me to focus on healing and stopping trying to prevent horrible feelings coming through by moving on to the next person.
Zsababy
United States of America

Re: Limerence is a thief of joy

Post by Zsababy »

Yesnomaybeso wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:13 amI've been watching a lot of crappy childhood fairy videos. I remember she said something about casual dating being a luxury for the un
traumatised and I'm starting to understand why. Everytime I go on a date it's always a risks that I might obsess and lose any joy I may have had prior. I don't think I can do this to myself anymore. I just worry that if I stop trying to date then I'll definitely never find love. Yet this isn't working for me either. It's a horrible feeling not enjoying being alive and I've experienced that from limerence so many times. I think it's truly time for me to focus on healing and stopping trying to prevent horrible feelings coming through by moving on to the next person.
That's something I should've done a long time ago., If I only knew more then. This is a good plan. I usually just wait for them to fade and then out of the blue another one crops up. I'm pushing 60
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I think people like us need to look for love differently. We need to find somebody who is safe first and foremost. Most people on dating sites are not that way, they lean narcissistic. I just wanted to add, I think the way a lot of these sites are set up encourage people to act narcissistic also.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 pm We need to find somebody who is safe first and foremost.
I think we tend to attract the same level of safety and awareness. Best to work on self first and look for those who are in therapy or had therapy or are at least aware of the baggage they bring to a new relationship.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

L-F wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:16 pm
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:21 pm We need to find somebody who is safe first and foremost.
I think we tend to attract the same level of safety and awareness. Best to work on self first and look for those who are in therapy or had therapy or are at least aware of the baggage they bring to a new relationship.
Yep can't demand a safe partner if you're not a safe partner
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother