BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Fired Therapist

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Fired Therapist

Post by L-F »

L-F wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:49 pm The more I read, the more I dislike your coach.
I thought I had reached the bottom of the barrel of dislike, sadly, there is no bottom to this barrel.

I'm not surprised you felt traumatised by her pushing the subject on to you. Where was the compassion and empathy? All clients are vulnerable, period, you only need to consider the power imbalance.
Asha999 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:32 pm I sincerely appreciate the work you did in understanding all of this on a psychological and physiological level before undertaking your career David.
That's my point, there are professionals who have done this and still messed with people's subconscious. It's also part of a psychotherapists training. Heck, I've met three (excluding David) trained and aware psychotherapists experience limerence and still practiced, plus a social worker who slept with her client and a psychiatrist who went off the rails for a bit. I don't trust professionals to always get it right.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Btw, how is your husband with all that went down? have you explained limerence to him?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

Heaven help me hopefully we hit the bottom of the barrel.

At 4 am this am I got a text that if I don’t pay the invoice in full the coach will pursue legal action.

I replied very briefly to send a full transcript of the texts, the documentation on where I was notified of the rate and sue me or alternatively come up with a reasonable amount.

She replied a lot of stuff including that if I want my texts made public that’s just fine. And hurled some insults about my deep confusion and conditioning. Umm… by whom?

She then said stop texting me and proceeded to text me 5 more times insulting me with sending screenshots of things I had said months ago and a video scroll of the texts. Showing number of them or threatening me?

I’m now pursuing a slightly different interpretation of all of this. I’m not really liking all the victimhood… but some of this is a LOT like gaslighting. Like every time someone tells the coach they have anxiety or don’t want to do something they are insulted as fearful, manipulative and lying about their truth.that’s what these exchanges say. I don’t know my states laws regarding limits on mental health practicing without w license or complaint mechanisms or if the communication is privileged. Hope I don’t have to become an expert.

Kinda want to throw up right now.

Husband knows none of any of this. He prob will soon enough now. FML.

I await whatever from a lawyer. I’d be surprised if she has a case since she never disclosed rates for texting. The threat should be helpful. Hopefully she comes up with a reasonable amount and we settle this shitshow.
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

L-F wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:40 pm Btw, how is your husband with all that went down? have you explained limerence to him?
Not yet. Might have guessed some relationship issues at play. Not yet where I feel like it’s his business. But nightmare may make it that way. I’m not fearful of it necessarily because marriage is done (eventually) one way or the other. Just don’t think he’ll be understanding so why bother
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

It feels like your ex coach is trying to blackmail you were threatening to release your text messages. I’ve heard of some unethical practices but I think this one really is at the pinnacle. I’m glad you’re seeking legal advice.

I know in the US, the laws for medical consent and disclosure are incredibly strict. I think its called HIPPA. Im not sure how they extend to coaching? I know when we’ve got caught up on legal wranglings in my previous businesses, It has been incredibly stressful. Good luck with things
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Wow, the amount of professional abuse of power is serious here. David's right, she can't violate privacy because of HIPPA. Not sure if this applies to coaches. David's also right on the emotional blackmail & just blackmail period. I shudder to think about how she conducted herself with the client she married.

I really hope there is some legal aspect of emotional distress that applies. I don't know if this applies only to marriage though.

I also hope she can be barred from practicing counseling. I'm not a lawyer, but there must be legal violations as well as ethical & professional ones.
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

Yes it’s hard to figure out the line of coaches vs therapists and what applies. All the more reason to beware. I had to tell one of my teammates who is an attorney about this whole situation and she’s looking into it… it’s embarrassing to share, but also it loses a bit of its power When I do.

I don’t know I’ve spent the day turning over what happens if that information is released. It would be terrible. It’s also just a bizarre full circle phenomenon. My Limerence was caused in large part by the trauma of being canceled for something I had nothing to do with, it was a business decision by my parents. I’ve longed for a relationship where I felt safe and Nurtured ever since. Finally got to a space where I had that and several others, and some faulty neural transmitters went haywire when it seemed uncertain. At least this time. I actually did some thing if it ruins my existence. And this coach has been pushing me to ruin my existence anyway for months, so that’s some thing I had somewhat come to terms with. I really don’t want to live in fear and feel pretty good now that I understand the narrative of Limerence, and what happened with both of my coaches.

If this coach trains to ruin me I can do the same I turn. I’m not unethical. I would pay her a reasonable amount. But she’s insisting on something else and breaking out all the stops. And that mirrors the coaching relationship where she had a desired outcome and exceeded many standards in her pursuit of it.

I’ll be reading HIPAA bylaws between 1 and 5 am.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

I do wonder if coaches are somehow exempt and this is why so many people promoting themselves on the Internet as coaches can fly under the radar by using this guise.

I think another important question that has been raised to by LF is how do we find a competent ethical practitioner?

I encourage people to ask questions of anybody they going to engage with. These ideally, are deep probing questions about the persons credentials, their experience, how much self development work they have done, the pricing structure, what professional indemnity insurance today have? how how they would deal with certain difficult situations, including erotic transference, especially if we are seeing them for Limerence , and a whole host more.

I could probably write a book to guide people through this territory and yeah ultimately I think the biggest question is do I trust this person? And yet some of us with Limerence perhaps and not good at trusting. So perhaps that’s another whole area to mine

I am surprised how rarely I get asked any questions by clients that engage with me. When we see clients for an exploratory, we always give them time at the end of the session to turn tables and for them to ask us whatever they want. The overwhelming question we always get is can you help?
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

If she's threatening to make your personal info public to get money, especially an amount that is in excess of an agreed upon amount, that just sounds like extortion to me. Again, I'm not a lawyer but therapy license or no therapy license, that's got to be against the law. If even HIPPA doesn't apply to her, threatening to disclose your personal info to get money sure sounds like the legal definition of blackmail/extortion.

I think she may be getting desperate because I'll bet she knows that she needs to prove that the rates were in writing but she can't. She's also being a big baby, ie "stop texting me but I'm gonna hurl a bunch of abusive texts to you & expect you to just sit there and take it".

She seems to have the mindset of a cult leader who psychologically tears people down to control them & get their money from them.

She's kinda evil & definitely horrible. I hope in one way or another that a judge throws the book at her.
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

The beauty of this is that she's putting her probably-criminal threats in writing. Bad move on her part