BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Fired Therapist

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Fired Therapist

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:26 am I could probably write a book to guide people through this territory and yeah ultimately I think the biggest question is do I trust this person? And yet some of us with Limerence perhaps and not good at trusting. So perhaps that’s another whole area to mine
I think this is a brilliant idea David. I would love to see a book like this on the shelves of bookstores. It is much needed for many people who choose various Ts from different disciplines. In short, it could be about "How aware is your Therapist?"
Because coaches aside, some people can get screwed (physically as well as psychologically and financially). having a guide to help them should they even find themselves in that situation would also be beneficial... Because who talks about that? Not many professionals that's for sure.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Zsababy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:24 pm I think the crux of the issue is her playing psychotherapist without a license & billing rates after the fact.
I don't see her playing a psychotherapist, I see her playing dumb. Even an unaware psychotherapist wouldn't be as dumb as her.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

L-F wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:01 pm
Zsababy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:24 pm I think the crux of the issue is her playing psychotherapist without a license & billing rates after the fact.
I don't see her playing a psychotherapist, I see her playing dumb. Even an unaware psychotherapist wouldn't be as dumb as her.
I agree, if she was unaware she'd be more apologetic, she's clearly not.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I don't think it matters whether she's apologetic or aware. I think it matters if she's performing duties that a therapist would without a license. That's what the article was saying & it was written by a lawyer. They don't have to claim they're a therapist,
Just working within the scope of a mental health care professional. She said this woman talked about trauma & that limerance is an addiction & that her background includes addiction. That's the kind of stuff that only a person like David can charge a person for as a qualified professional, that he knows how to treat it. Otherwise,you or I could talk about trauma & addiction (which we're all familiar with but we are not qualified to treat) & say "I'm an expert because I read a bunch of stuff on the Internet. That will be $500, please". That's basically what the lawyer was saying.
I highly doubt she can charge for treatment of psychological issues when she isn't licensed. According to the article, that's the law in many states (possibly all of them)
The article sites a case where a life coach advised people on depression & marital problems & was penalized.
& I think there is a principle of "ignorance of the law is no excuse". Obviously, this woman has a habit of talking out her butt & what I'm saying is that article seems to be saying that's illegal.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Zsababy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:40 am I don't think it matters whether she's apologetic or aware. I think it matters if she's performing duties that a therapist would without a license. That's what the article was saying & it was written by a lawyer. They don't have to claim they're a therapist,
Just working within the scope of a mental health care professional. She said this woman talked about trauma & that limerance is an addiction & that her background includes addiction. That's the kind of stuff that only a person like David can charge a person for as a qualified professional, that he knows how to treat it. Otherwise,you or I could talk about trauma & addiction (which we're all familiar with but we are not qualified to treat) & say "I'm an expert because I read a bunch of stuff on the Internet. That will be $500, please". That's basically what the lawyer was saying.
I highly doubt she can charge for treatment of psychological issues when she isn't licensed. According to the article, that's the law in many states (possibly all of them)
The article sites a case where a life coach advised people on depression & marital problems & was penalized.
& I think there is a principle of "ignorance of the law is no excuse". Obviously, this woman has a habit of talking out her butt & what I'm saying is that article seems to be saying that's illegal.
I was just pointing it out but in retrospect it probably isn't important. We all seem to agree she was way out of line...
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Yep, of course. I'm just talking about legal penalties & verifiable stepping outside the law. That's why I cited that article & encouraging Asha to take legal action. I'm just playing Judge Judy 🤣

I think we all agree that's she's horrible.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Irrespective of whatever claims she makes of doesn’t make about her practice, if you have in writing that she has threatened to release your text messages, then I think you have a good grounds to sue her.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

So my teammate who is an attorney did some research that parallels what ZsaZsa and I found. In my state practicing as in unlicensed therapist is a felony. My lawyer friend called her friend who is a professional coach… the second any actual mental health issue is discussed they are required by their licensing board to step out and refer to a mental health practitioner. I absolutely did that on numerous occasions. I also have in her recent messages discussion of her “working with addiction and OCD.” I doubt she’s licensed as a coach. But I could file w complaint with the department of health and potentially sue. The possible threat of release of my info could also carry criminal charges. Her business is catering to high end clients, she’s well known in my orbit (my attorney friend even knew who she was). As much damage as she could inflict on me I could do the same.

I don’t believe any lawyer of hers would take action given the shakiness of her position and the amount, it’s small claims territory anyway. I think I just wait to hear from a lawyer or if get served in small claims I pursue reporting her.

I just want it to disappear. No word on anything today. I have my national championships for my sport in 10 days that I spent a year working for and am trying to get my head back on by then.

I think the likely next decision is if I settle this and what’s my price. Not sure if I proactively do something to address the threat of release… like call the DOH or attorney general of the state or something (our city is a joke).
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I totally understand you're wanting it to go away.

Given that she's basically committing a crime by extorting you, I think she probably can't do much about whatever amount you decide. Maybe you could include a note about extortion & its definition & that her threats fall under that criminal definition. She might just take the cash and shut up because then she will know that you have the legal upper hand and could probably ruin her life as much as she thinks she could ruin yours. Let her know that you never requested that the information be made public, only the rates, and therefore she will know that her defense of "note that you requested this" is baseless crap and pseudo-legal bluster.

She's probably been able to blackmail and manipulate wealthy clients before because they didn't understand the rules of the game.

I hope this resolved quickly & in a way that gives you peace.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:03 am Irrespective of whatever claims she makes of doesn’t make about her practice, if you have in writing that she has threatened to release your text messages, then I think you have a good grounds to sue her.
2nd this

And as much as I'd like to see her shut down (as a coach or whatever she claims to be), going to court is hugly stressful and time-consuming. Let's hope she see sense and you can reach a mutual understanding.

I'm well aware of the implications of practicing what one isn't licensed to do, but, sadly, that doesn't stop everyone. Not even licensed people from being unethical, etc. I was a licensed xyz when I practiced. But long left that behind. Lost faith in the system and profession, as well as not feeling fulfilled and needing a lifestyle change. And change I did!

Anyway, yep, totally get the suing aspect and the legal side of things.

Hoping Asha you don't have to go down that rabbit hole and all the best with your competitive sports!