BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Fired Therapist

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Zsababy
United States of America

Re: Fired Therapist

Post by Zsababy »

So I found this & skimmed it. Looks like coaches are not behelden to HIPPA, but I still think threats like that must fall under extortion.

Here's an interesting thing: if she called herself a therapist or performed work under the scope of a therapist, she can get into big trouble. If she called herself a therapist, it appears in this article, that is a felony. I'd try to dig up any info about her on the web (don't tell her any of this) & see if you can get a screenshot of her calling herself a therapist. I think 'counselor" might be legal, but it appears that "therapist" is not, unless she is licensed.

There is a pdf in this article that gives various cases of disciplinary actions against various practitioners.

I would not let her know any of this but quietly gather evidence against her. Save all texts, even if they're upsetting to read (she's full of shit anyway, so ignore her emotional abuse) because those might just bite her in the ass big-time.

https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/Psycho ... istinction
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

As you can see, I want this abusive fraud to go down big-time ! [-x

Looks like extortion, which is also a felony, includes threats of divulging information that will harm one's reputation.

https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/crimin ... t%20states.

Not that I'm Judge Judy, but I think a big takedown could happen here. Or at least I want it to. I seriously hate this woman lol
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

Thanks for the info Zsa Zsa! So in what’s up on her website now there’s not a lot. On her linked in bio her headline is counselor.

I’d probably have her on acting as a therapist when she was discussing trauma… I don’t know if she claimed to be an expert but prob something like that. In the messages I do have from recent days she says “I understand limerence. It is connected to OCD. It is also linked to addiction that I understand and have worked with.” That all sounds like a therapists or somebody with a license’s scope?

In the threat the verbatim words “…I have every single contact with all clients saved. If you want all of your texts to be public that’s fine. Just know that you’re requesting it. Email me with when you plan on paying. If I don’t get a reply in the next two hours I’m moving forward with the understanding that you are refusing the invoice in full.”

That sounds a lot like extortion to me.
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Yes, I would think trauma, limerance (and her mentioning OCD- that sounds like psychiatry to me) would fall under the scope of therapy.

My understanding of life coaching is that they are supposed to guide you towards achieving goals like changing careers, etc. Not deeper emotional issues. That is a therapist.

And pulling up an exorbitant figure of $ when there is no prior agreement & none in writing does sound like extortion. Try to document as much as you can.

As you can see, I want to take down this woman. I had a therapist practically ruin my life by recommending severing ties with my dad before his death (I didn't) and labelling me with histrionic personality disorder & ignoring my bipolar & insisting I remain on a med that caused violent urges. Incompetent people can mess you up, before you even get the issue of abuse of power. If you got a chance to read the list of disciplinary actions, you can see that some of them are a lot milder than er actions.

I think the crux of the issue is her playing psychotherapist without a license & billing rates after the fact. And one or two cases in that list did cite emotional distrust. I think all these actions warrant hiring a lawyer at this point.
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I meant emotional distress. And her actions. I would let the lawyer read that article & show them the texts. She was downright abusive, not just negilent & overstepping legal & professional boundaries
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Also, you did not request for your information to be made public. That is utter horseshit & she probably knows it. She's trying to scare you into paying.

You requested proof of prior setting of exact rates.

I'd just let her keep hanging herself in print (don't take her calls as anything would be hearsay) while you quietly get a lawyer. If you can't or don't want to, you can send her the definition of extortion.
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Also, see the link marked "sanctioned her". It's a whole list of violations by licensed therapists and counselors. I don't know if she called herself counselor, but she may fall under this one case: Anderson Robert, who sent two clients unwanted texts that were "chiding" & another term I forget causing "emotional distress".
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I really agree you should stop communicating with her and go after her. This is so outrageous. Also if she works for a specific company you should let them know also. Was going to write earlier that she may or may not have purposely been trying to give you wrong information (as she may be unevolved and some people don't have any values and think everybody else doesn't either, which is the part of the premise of narcissism, they're known to use and discard people, but this is obviously way beyond that. She is extorting you and you should expose it.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

It would also be awesome if a lawyer could get her barred from practicing any type of counseling again because she's unfit for the profession and causes financial and emotional damage to clients & demonstrates clear abuse of power. There may not be a regulatory body that oversees coaching and vague definitions of counseling, but perhaps a judge could set punitive action in light of a felony. She's a clear danger to clients & should be described as such.
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Even if you requested your personal info to be sent to a licensed psych profession or LCSW, they would be behelden to HIPPA.

Definitely cite the text to a lawyer where you request prior documentation of her rates. I assume that's all you requested. She's trying to prove that she has legal grounds to "make this public", which does not imply referral to a psych professional; that wasn't in the context.

She's pulling legal permission to "make this public" out of her butt. She's either stupid, grandiose or bluffing or all 3.