BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Is medication good for limerence?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
olv
Great Britain

Re: Is medication good for limerence?

Post by olv »

Zsababy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:28 pm
For me yes, the meds changed my personality but in a good way, and after much trial & error, they turned me into "myself", which is to say, the inner me that was submerged in severe depression, which slows cognition and can also make you very irritable & antisocial. I'm a lot less obnoxious too, but that has to do with mania & I know that's not your question.

The downside, & I don't want to scare you, is that sometimes you get a rebound effect where the original symptoms come back, but even worse. That happened with Effexor in terms of terrible anxiety. That has not happened with Buspar when I've missed a dose, but Paxil washes out of your system in about 24 hours, so if you run out, you're physically & mentally a bit screwed till you get more. Paxil is also pretty rough in general. It's older (from the late 80s) & some older meds can hit you like a brick as they hadn't gotten the kinks out of the formula yet.
That’s good to know, thanks.
That’s interesting, and is that particularly when you miss a dose? Also have you tried Lexapro?
Zsababy
United States of America

Re: Is medication good for limerence?

Post by Zsababy »

Some meds stay in your system longer & don't wear off in 24 hours, so missing a dose isn't that big of a deal. But Paxil leaves your system quickly, so you really feel it. I'd Google "half-life" or how long it takes for x medication to leave your system.

I haven't tried Lexapro & don't know anything about it, sorry