BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

On being the only straight man in the room

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

On being the only straight man in the room

Post by David »

Those that have known me a while here know I am involved with a men's charity called the ManKind project where we run experiential weekends to help men become the best versions of themselves. A few readers from here have taken a leap of faith to do the weekend and benefited hugely.

This weekend I staffed (my 18th time) on the first European weekend held exclusively for the GBTQ+ community. I was one of only 2 straight men amongst 30 gay/bi/pan men. I had the most amazing experiencing in learning about queer culture, the bigotry an persecution this non dominant group have to live with. I laughed and smiled more than usual on these weekends and if I was gay, for sure there were men on this weekend I could have fallen for - so much beautiful creative colourful energy in one room was a sight to behold!

If you identify as a man, i cant recommend these weekends highly enough - as my mentee said, he never believed so much transformation could take place in a weekend. I try and get all the men i coach to do the weekend.

See https://www.mkp.org.uk if in the UK and https://mankindproject.org/ in the USA
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Re: On being the only straight man in the room

Post by L-F »

Hey that's cool! By any chance, did you talk about limerence in this group?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

I spoke to a few men on a one-to-one basis, and most, if not all that I spoke to seem to know limerence all too well
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Did the GLBTQ people have mostly same-sex LOs or was it opposite sex LOs? Was just curious.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

100% same sex
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Thank you for sharing that. When not too long ago I worked up the idea of identified lesbians having male LOs and kind of found out that at least in some form it's a real thing I found that interesting. I think I was almost angry at the idea that there can't just be one space that men can't infiltrate and ruin in womens' lives. LOL!

Anyway I'll try to find the link to that topic I can't remember if it was on reddit or empty closets I want to say it was reddit but yeah it's really interesting I wonder why the difference. Is it the patriarchy or is it maybe some shame deep down that people don't want to share having opposite sex LOs a marginalized community?

That's one reason why I think I love The L Word so much is that it's just women loving women there are like three characters that dabble with men but most of them are you know gay.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

JupiterTaco wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:43 pm I think I was almost angry at the idea that there can't just be one space that men can't infiltrate and ruin in womens' lives. LOL!
Lol!
That made me chuckle. I'm sure there are gay men who have female LOs. Not that any users names spring to mind, but pretty sure some gay men have opposite sex LOs.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

One of my shadows is the man-hater
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:30 pm One of my shadows is the man-hater
good you see that. I like to think not all men are bad. Soon when we work out how to fertilise a female egg with another female egg, the Y chromosome may get eliminated. Not sure a world of only woman will be vastly better. I think all humans are the problem =))
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

David wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:41 pm
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:30 pm One of my shadows is the man-hater
good you see that. I like to think not all men are bad. Soon when we work out how to fertilise a female egg with another female egg, the Y chromosome may get eliminated. Not sure a world of only woman will be vastly better. I think all humans are the problem =))
I have a woman-hating shadow too trust me. That's just one of the aspects that I've had to deal with concerning my bisexuality is that I've kind of realized that most of the women that I've ever dealt with are manipulative underhanded needy and controlling and that's made me question whether all women are actually like that. I also at this point have met wo.en who act like horny men and needy men who act like what you would think of as women so I don't think it's necessarily gender specific LOL.