BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

What is the fastest and most effective measure against LE?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Daydreaming

What is the fastest and most effective measure against LE?

Post by Daydreaming »

I know that most of the time LE has advanced for many months and sometimes years, and that NC despite being the most effective strategy does not bring immediate relief to the almost inevitable suffering caused by intrusive thoughts.

I'm in a very severe LE crisis, and for about two weeks now I've been feeling very bad psychologically and physically.

I can't concentrate as I should on work activities and I feel like everything around me is different, as if I'm living in an alternate reality.

This week I scheduled extra sessions with my psychologist, and I even revealed to her my LE condition. Today I also avoided LO at work and I think I will continue to do so in the coming days, but unfortunately it does not depend only on me and in the last few days she has always sought contact with me on her own initiative.

I had a very significant episode of alcohol socializing involving LO last week, and since then I've been on a rollercoaster of feelings. I'm no longer supposed to continue feeling this way, and I need some countermeasure that can assuage my feelings in a short period of time. I've thought about several alternatives, including transfer and even psychiatric medication.
There are sensations that are sleeps, that occupy like a mist the whole length of the spirit, that do not allow us to think, that do not allow us to act, that do not clearly allow us to be.
― Fernando Pessoa
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: What is the fastest and most effective measure against LE?

Post by JupiterTaco »

Building a life that you don't have to escape from.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
Daydreaming

Post by Daydreaming »

JupiterTaco wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:47 am Building a life that you don't have to escape from.
Right now I'm struggling not to lose the few things I have in life. I don't know if I'll ever be able to build a life that I don't want to escape.
My feeling now is that I want to run away from myself, my thoughts, and even my life.
There are sensations that are sleeps, that occupy like a mist the whole length of the spirit, that do not allow us to think, that do not allow us to act, that do not clearly allow us to be.
― Fernando Pessoa
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I'm so sorry man I totally understand the feeling but you know even just small steps can really improve your mood and outlook on life.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Daydreaming wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:12 am I'm no longer supposed to continue feeling this way, and I need some countermeasure that can assuage my feelings in a short period of time. I've thought about several alternatives, including transfer and even psychiatric medication.
What makes your stomach turn? Think about that. Honestly, poor hygiene makes my stomach turn and the thought of eating blue waffles did it for me. Not even limerence could override the thought of blue waffles. If you don't know what that is, search images. Nothing is more stomach-turning than seeing images cos then you don't have to leave it to your imagination.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

^^^ That's just my sick mind in action, I'm sure you can find your own off-putting strategy, even if it's a temporary one.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

hate to be the bearer of bad news - there are no quick fixes for limerence.
We have to o the hard work of growing up and taking personal responsibility for how our lives are working or not working out for us.
other things to do are already listed in numerous places on this forum
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:20 am there are no quick fixes for limerence.
True that. I have a very VERY weak stomach, a strong gag reflex, and a vivid imagination. When I have to focus on settling my stomach to stop myself from retching, you can guarantee I'm not thinking about LO :))