BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

I need to move on but I can’t.

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
idk14
New Zealand

I need to move on but I can’t.

Post by idk14 »

hi so uh this is my first time ever using this website and quite honestly I need tips and help and idk just someone to talk to about this.
Recently I had a talking stage/ almost relationship with this guy who we will call L. We were talking for maybe a month or so, and met quite a few times. I fell in love easily, I got attached easily (I always have with anyone I talk to, and I suck at getting over people). He was the first guy to ever treat me like we were in a relationship yk? To show me that love and give me that treatment and don’t get me wrong he’s a very good guy, he hurt me yes and I have hate towards him for that but he seriously deserves everything good for him. He’s a very good person so please don’t think bad of him from this.
Yes I’m only young as you could put it I recently turned 16 a few months ago, so I have time to find someone else or “my person” but I’m hurt and stuck and idk what to do.
He ended things with me because he didn’t want to do it with the distance (1hr), which I mean fair enough on his behalf obviously it sucked but I was willing to work through it. He wasn’t. But the way he told me made me think maybe he had thought about it before hand and just wasn’t going to tell me unless I brought it up, like I was saying how I was trying to organise to come see him again, and he was like “I don’t know if we can do things tho, as I don’t know if I can fully commit” (things not being sexual) but I don’t want just that yk? I don’t want it to be a hookup and he knew that and he didn’t either I wanted something genuine and I felt that with him. I felt like I could be myself completely with him, he was the first guy to ever show me genuine love and to be genuinely interested in me. (I’ve struggled with my looks and self worth).
After that I was heart broken and still am tbh, fast forward a week or so he mentions he’s been snapping and talking to another girl (only for like a day or two) but why would he have to bring that up with me, if they aren’t even a talking stage or anything? When he KNOWS I still like him. But he wasn’t sure anything was going to happen with her and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to keep talking to her, I told him to continue as you can’t really tell what someone’s like with only talking to them for a day or so. I regret that. Things seem to be going well for them now and I’m happy for him, I’m happy he could move on so easily (no I’m not. It hurts, was i just that easy to move on from? Did any time we spend together just mean nothing to him?) I’m still stuck on him and it hurts. I’ve unadded him on most of my socials and I’ve hidden our photos together as I can’t delete them but I can’t bear to look at them. I am no where near close enough with my parents to talk about this with them, and I’m scared to from what happened with my older sister when she did. So I’m hoping this may help.
I still really like him and it’s killing me knowing he’s talking to another girl, but also when he mentioned her I continued to have simple conversations with him for a few days and he kept mentioning how he wishes it was me, and if only I could move closer to him and then we could be something. And out of respect for the other girl and for myself I unadded him. I would hate to be the other girl in this situation and I need to move on I just can’t.
He messaged me on the remaining social I had him on and asked why I unadded him I said how it wasn’t fair to the other girl if I still like him and is in contact with him when I like him, and how I need to move on and to do that I needed to unadd him.
He said he can still be loyal and be friends with me and that’s when it hit they are something now. I completely back tracked in my healing process and I’m stuck. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to move on and I just I’m not doing okay.

I’m very sorry for the long paragraph
but thankyou for reading it all :)
L-F
United States of America

Re: I need to move on but I can’t.

Post by L-F »

Hey idk, welcome to the forum! Navigating our emotions is really tough isn't it? Especially when limerent.
Don't worry about long paragraph, it's all good. I think David might be the best person to respond since he's a therapist and can offer more tips than I can think of.

Again, welcome to the forum!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
HelpWithGOLO

Post by HelpWithGOLO »

Welcome to the forum, idk14! I think you might be the person I told about this site earlier today on a different site. I want to say that I am glad you decided to come. We're all here to help and especially to listen. :) I'm rooting for you!

I've been struggling with getting over someone myself for nearly a year now so I understand how hard letting go can be. It's been an emotional rollercoaster. I tend to write long paragraphs too but I find it helps to write out my thoughts as much as I can. I'm really happy you're reaching out as opposed to trying to deal with this by yourself. :)
idk14
New Zealand

Post by idk14 »

HelpWithGOLO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:22 am Welcome to the forum, idk14! I think you might be the person I told about this site earlier today on a different site. I want to say that I am glad you decided to come. We're all here to help and especially to listen. :) I'm rooting for you!

I've been struggling with getting over someone myself for nearly a year now so I understand how hard letting go can be. It's been an emotional rollercoaster. I tend to write long paragraphs too but I find it helps to write out my thoughts as much as I can. I'm really happy you're reaching out as opposed to trying to deal with this by yourself. :)
[/quo
HelpWithGOLO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:22 am Welcome to the forum, idk14! I think you might be the person I told about this site earlier today on a different site. I want to say that I am glad you decided to come. We're all here to help and especially to listen. :) I'm rooting for you!

]

hi! Yes I am! Thankyou so much for that btw :)
I’m not sure exactly how to reply so I’m hoping this is how haha. Long paragraphs do help a lot! I’ve always bottled my feelings up but I’ve started to write them out as a healthier way of dealing with it.
I hope your healing goes well tho or is going well right now
HelpWithGOLO

Post by HelpWithGOLO »

I understand all too well about bottling one's feelings up. They do eventually come out, often in undesirable ways. I've caused myself so much unnecessary trouble throughout my life that way. I just wanted to say that though the circumstances of my own heartbreak differ from yours, I get how you're feeling. I have a tendency to fall in love quickly as well. I don't have a lot of friends so I also tend to try too hard to make them like me. Then when it doesn't work out, I take it very personally and get really depressed. I told my whole story on a thread called Thoughts? (fair warning: it's a long read) but very, very short version is my person showed me attention and friendship when I desperately needed it, I ended up having very strong, secret feelings for her and then she never said goodbye to me on my last day. I've been questioning everything that happened between us ever since. It still hurts. I've struggled with letting it go for so long. I'm trying to learn from the experience and I'm learning a lot about myself along the way. I've discovered some issues in my life that I never realized were there or didn't want to admit. I want to tell you not to be too hard on yourself if you get stuck or backslide in your healing. Unfortunately it is a very difficult road and though others can help you along ultimately you must do the work. It's worth it, though, when you can look back and see progress. I wish there was a set timeline for how long healing takes but it differs for everyone. Don't give up! I definitely hope you heal much faster than I have. Keep at it and definitely reach out on here with any questions, updates or even if you just want to talk. We're here for you, idk14!
idk14
New Zealand

Post by idk14 »

exactly! They will eventually come out and I’m hoping by being open about it, and writing it out is going to be a healthy way to deal with it. I hate it when people give you that attention and friendship you’ve desired for so long, and then it just gets to be too much for you, meaning you gain feelings or you get too attached. It’s never ended well.
Thankyou for sharing your story though, Its definitely made me reconsider a lot and think about things I would never have normally noticed, and thankyou for the not being is hard on yourself part as well. I really needed that :)

but I have a small update!
He messaged me last night on the remaining social I had him on. My heart dropped when he did, it wasn’t anything bad or good, but it was just him saying something in reply to what I had sent him a few days ago when I did end up unadding him on socials. (He had left me on seen immediately after I had sent that message, and it was just a casual conversation between us as I still had the urge to talk to him yk?) and then decided last night he was going to reply. He then said something else after to keep the conversation going and I haven’t replied. I wont reply. I have no urge to talk to him, I’ve found peace with not having him one message away. Although I still ache for conversations with him. I’m starting to realise it’s not worth the pain he’s caused me, and talking to him again will make everything much worse. I have the closure and clarity I need to move on, I’m just starting to do so.
it may not seem like a huge accomplishment, but to me it seriously is. I’m not someone to beg for attention or to beg for a reply I’ll deal with it in silence, so him messaging me back just made me rethink things. But I don’t deserve the pain of talking to him knowing he’s moved on and I haven’t (if that made sense).
but uh yeah haha small victory’s right?
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

HelpWithGOLO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:22 am Welcome to the forum, idk14! I think you might be the person I told about this site earlier today on a different site.
Interesting. What's the other site like? Can I ask the name of it?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
HelpWithGOLO

Post by HelpWithGOLO »

Idk14, I'm glad to hear you are making progress already. I had hoped this site would help you. :)

L-F, the site is called LettersToCrushes.com. It's a completely anonymous board where people of all ages can write about their secret feelings. I've used it to write about how I feel about my LO. It's helped me work through these emotions and confused thoughts I've been having. Others are welcome to leave comments on the posts. I saw idk14's post recently and it reminded me so much of what I am going through. I told her about this forum in hopes it might help her, too. I hope I didn't do anything wrong.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

HelpWithGOLO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:49 pm I hope I didn't do anything wrong.
Highlighting this as it's a statement I've often used. Always nervous about doing something wrong. It kind of gives a peek into our mindset/thought patterns, doesn't it? I equate it to being a 'good girl', heaven forbid if I should do or say something that I want to. Years ago I worked through my rebellious side, as in, hung it out for all to see and being ready to 'defend my opinion' lol. It makes me laugh now. Not saying this is your situation. I just found the statement you made worked as a reminder of how I viewed the world - out to prove me wrong or lock me up, one of the two. I'm a bit more subtler these days preferring to listen more and not have to prove I'm right. It still annoys me when others can't accept my POV, then I take a step back and ask... Who does this remind me of?

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything wrong with what you did. I'm not sure if there's an age limit here as discussions can get quite heated, or if it involves me, somewhat crass, so I'll keep in mind we have a minor on board and tone down my choice of words. Self-censorship never hurts right?