BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

It's hard to stay strong during the holiday season

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Daydreaming

It's hard to stay strong during the holiday season

Post by Daydreaming »

In addition to the distressing and heightened LE feelings because of the holiday festivities, it's hard to deal with social media posts and still try to keep NC with LO.

Today, for example, I couldn't, I succumbed to temptation and sent a Merry Christmas message to LO. Although it was just a generic congratulatory image, it is still something that demonstrates my weakness.
There are sensations that are sleeps, that occupy like a mist the whole length of the spirit, that do not allow us to think, that do not allow us to act, that do not clearly allow us to be.
― Fernando Pessoa
HelpWithGOLO

Re: It's hard to stay strong during the holiday season

Post by HelpWithGOLO »

I know exactly what you mean. I actually met my LO while working a seasonal job in retail last year at this time so everything Christmas brings her to mind. This has been the saddest Christmas season of my life and I'm really trying to fight my feelings. It also doesn't help that my wife is working today so I'm home alone with no one to distract me. I hate feeling like this when I should be happy. I managed to keep the intrusive thoughts away somewhat earlier in the month but today they're overwhelming me. I keep imagining what my LO is up to today with her husband and daughter and it just depresses me. I need to stop thinking like this but it's been incredibly difficult.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

How are your family relationships?
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Daydreaming wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:11 pm Although it was just a generic congratulatory image, it is still something that demonstrates my weakness.
Instead of viewing it as a fundamental flaw, consider the sway of addiction as a formidable force.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

As one ponders the intricacies of human intention, questions arise. What drives us to reach out and connect?

In moments of introspection, we may find ourselves pondering the true motives behind our actions. And if we find ourselves innocent of ulterior motives, then perhaps sharing a simple GIF is but a harmless gesture.

However, as we navigate the labyrinth of social connections, we must also ask ourselves: what compels us to maintain certain friendships?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
vesseloflight

Post by vesseloflight »

Last edited by vesseloflight on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daydreaming

Post by Daydreaming »

Today I dreamed that I was at LO's house, and that we were dancing together. It was so lucid that I could feel the warmth of her body in contact with mine.
I won't be able to endure this New Year's Eve sober, so I plan to be drunk on wine before midnight.
There are sensations that are sleeps, that occupy like a mist the whole length of the spirit, that do not allow us to think, that do not allow us to act, that do not clearly allow us to be.
― Fernando Pessoa